Pedagogical Approach for Educative Games
Recently, we’ve been reviewing our design guidelines for educative games. Regarding this matter, we’ve decided that our approach for creating educative games should be based on the following aspects:
- Pedagogical Approach: This comprises aspects such as the pedagogical philosophy of the application, the user’s motivation, and the employment of multimedia resources according with the pedagogical philosophy and the topics developed.
- Content: It’s related to the information presented by the game, and also the goals of the project.
- Language, Grammar & Style: This aspect covers all the things related to grammar, ortography, definitions, localization and format.
- Aesthetics and presentation: It includes all the details related with the application’s aesthetics, the way content is organized and displayed, and the user interface.
- Evaluation: It refers to the mechanisms employed by the application in order to verify the learning results.
- Internal Aspects of the System: It comprises all the functions invisible for the user, related to security, data backup, fault-tolerance, among other internal aspects.
The approach must strive for fast and high-quality software deliveries, balancing speed, quality and price. Software requirements and goals are a very volatile matter, and as such, we must structure our work in order to cope with our clients’ new expectations, i.e., we’ll be following a highly dynamical software development approach.